Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Traveling to Florida

On Tuesday before Thanksgiving we flew to Nashville, TN, to spend the night with Cousin George and planned to leave for Lee Farms early the next morning. We made it into Nashville and enjoyed a great meal and evening walking around the Gaylord Opry Hotel to look at Christmas decorations. It was incredible and we only saw about 25 percent of the entire place! The next morning CK found out that the weather in Ocala was bad, so we decided to wait until early afternoon to fly down, which gave me a wonderful opportunity to meet up with my best friend from Dunn Middle School! Stacy, her husband and three kids met Sofia and I at a park in Nashville while CK and George went to visit a flying buddy nearby (and talk planes - big surprise!).

I had SO much fun reconnecting with Stacy and Sofia and Stacy's 4-year old daughter Maya got along famously (unfortunately Holly, who is Sofia's age was under the weather and just wanted to cuddle with Mom.) After the park, we had a quick lunch and they drove me to the airport and saw us off as we flew to Ocala!

All set to go - love the look on her face!


Tired girl! Sofia always cuddles up with me and falls asleep, which is my favorite part of the trip since she doesn't do this otherwise. Plus, I usually join her in the nap!


Taking a look at the scenery


Looking at the very tall Christmas tree with Papa at the Gaylord Opry Hotel


With Cousin George and some funny horses


Maya and Sofia playing together - I missed out on some great pictures of them playing together in the field!


Stacy and I - Stacy looks EXACTLY the same!!

No comments: