Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snow.....in Dallas!!

On Tuesday morning I opened our bedroom blinds to find SNOW!!! Not only were large fluffy flakes falling from the sky, but there was a thin blanket covering everything - it was absolutely beautiful! I was so excited to show Sofia and she woke up shortly after I did, so I put on her cow boots and frog rain jacket over her jammies and we headed out the front door. As soon as we were outside I think she was a little scared since she wanted me to hold her and clung to me as if she'd never let go. Once I walked onto the snow-covered lawn and told her about snow, she quickly got down and started touching it and playing in it! We walked onto the lawn and Sofia was amazed at how it covered everything! It was cute to watch the awe on her face and watch her play. She soon got cold and we headed back inside for chocolate milk and coffee. She last saw snow - and a lot of it - in the mountains behind Santa Fe when we were there for Thanksgiving last year, but she was too young to remember.

Our front yard


The other side of our front yard


First steps in Texas snow!


She still wasn't sure what to think




She loved that it covered everything


Making her own tracks toward our neighbor's house


Snow-covered palm

No comments: