Friday, December 25, 2009

Making Christmas Cookies

This year for Christmas I made homemade Christmas cookies - Gingerbread, Aunt Shirl's Cranberry Walnut Cookies and Chocolate Crinkles - and sent them to family and friends. Throughout the process I ended up having a very good little helper! However, my little helper preferred helping at the end - by eating the treats! She did make a few gingerbread men for me but then discovered that it was much more fun to eat the dough and/or finished cookie than cut them out and put them onto the cookie sheet, so I had to retire her from her work.

On Christmas Eve I made a fresh batch of Aunt Shirl's Cranberry Walnut Cookies for Santa's visit and so we'd have a few cookies of our own to enjoy. Although she isn't a huge fan of the cookie, Sofia LOVES the icing, so I had a lot of help. She did lick all the frosting from the waxed paper rather than off the cookies though!

Checking progress on the Chocolate Crinkles.


Cookies! These were all packaged and send out the next day.


Helping make Gingerbread




Enjoying a cooked Gingerbread Cookie


A little too much help! Sofia with flour everywhere!


Licking the frosting off the waxed paper on Christmas Eve


Yum!!

No comments: