Monday, April 26, 2010

The rearranged and redecorated room

As an update to the post from January 24th, I've finally redecorated Sofia's room, which included hanging shelves (I'm proud they haven't fallen off the walls!), and adding stuffed animals and other goodies that she's received and other cool things. Now that she's going to be three in a few months, I wanted to get away from the 'baby' feel of her room and wanted to decorate so that it can grow with her. I'm now thinking of repainting her room, but that will probably take me another few years to get around to doing. So, here is her rearranged and redecorated room. I'm still wanting to get a nicer bed-side table for her and maybe a lamp, but am otherwise done!

The entrance


Her bed


Monet's "Meadow Road to Pourville" above her bed


The small shelf to the left of her bed includes a handmade teddy bear my Mom made for my college graduation, a silver bank that we got at our baby shower, an adorable baby album that we got from my friend Sandy for my baby shower, a carved wood hippo that we got on our honeymoon, and a vase of flowers to add some color.


The far wall in her room - the two new shelves above her book case


The top shelf includes a ballerina clock Sofia got from her Grandparents for her second birthday, my favorite ceramic dog I made in college art class, a cool photo box given to us by CK's friend in DC, a really old "Bambi" book from Chris and Tommy, and a Raggety Andy doll handmade by my Mom's friend Nina (he is amazing!).
The bottom shelf includes Raggety Ann also made by Nina, the blue monkey I gave to CK when I told him we were expecting, Madeline and Pepito paper dolls from Sandy and Emily, a 6-month old photo of Sofia, a framed invitation to one of our baby showers, silver cup, spoon and fork from Chris and Tommy, a set of booties made by Mimi, and a Mirano glass flower that Mom and I got on our trip to Italy many years ago.


Her stuffed animals on her 'birthday chair'


A close-up


Her dresser, which I bought off Craig's List and had refinished


The wall above her changing table (which is unfortunately still there......). Sofia knows nearly all of her states and she and her Papa point them out when he changes her diaper.


This is a film cell that I've had since I was a little girl


More stuffed animals - sitting on the handmade box from Maxine. The table needs to be replaced, but it works for now and lately she's wanted us to leave her sippy cup of water on it so she can have a drink just before bed.


Green Beup-Beup

No comments: