Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Potty Training

So, I can't obviously post pictures about this, but we have officially started potty training! A few weeks ago we decided to put Sofia on the potty after waking up, before and after her nap and before bed. Sounded simple enough.....Well, it wasn't! She would go on command for her Papa but would fight me every step when I took her. I could convince her to sit on the potty, but nothing ever happened - EVER! So, frankly, I gave up and we decided to go nuclear! Actually one of my Facebook friends told me about a columnist in his area that advocates letting the child decide for himself/herself that going potty is in his/her best interest. So, we decided to do it. Yep, no diapers (except at night and during naps) and only panties and regular clothes during the day. Without too much detail, Sofia just didn't care. She's go potty and just keep right on playing....I started to feel like we had a puppy!

We decided to take a break and try again some other time....

No comments: