Sunday, July 8, 2012

Heading to Ft Collins

On Thursday morning we headed to Ft Collins to stay with my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Eric and their family and to have a sort of family reunion with my Mom's side who would be arriving over the weekend. I was really looking forward to this visit since we hadn't all seen each other in two years and it is always fun to be together. They all remind me of my Mom in ways, but my Aunt Cathy really does in things she does, says and even the way she looks in a way.

The flight to Ft Collins was pretty quick and easy and the scenery was beautiful once we reached Colorado. We ended up flying through a pass that went between two huge mountains. Even though we were at 11,000 feet the mountains were both higher than we were and looked huge! Both girls slept for nearly the entire trip so they missed out on the scenery. We also flew over the Great Sand Dunes National Park which really looked out of place in the setting, but very interesting from the air.

Once we arrived, my Aunt Cathy picked us up and we headed to her house to get settled. CK was still not feeling well so he wanted to relax and both girls were well-rested and ready to play. As soon as we arrived, my cousin's daughter, Leah, came out and she and Sofia headed off to play. We basically didn't see Sofia again the rest of our visit except to eat and sleep.

Our beautiful little girl

Leaving New Mexico

The Great Sand Dunes National Park

Flying through the pass

Two little sleepy girls

Leah and Sofia in the pool, where they spent a lot of time together

I love this picture!

Olivia and my cousin's adopted son, Lincoln. Lincoln was so sweet to Olivia and Olivia always loved seeing her little buddy

So sweet

Two inseparable girls!

Enjoying ice cream together

With Lincoln

Olivia and my Aunt Cathy

No comments: