Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Dance Class

On Monday June 6th, Sofia had her very first dance class with JoAnne's Little Dancers which is through the City of Colleyville. For the past few weeks of school Sofia would pretend that I'm her dance instructor and want to dance with or for me pretty much everyday. I know this was linked to the end of year dance her school performed, but I also know most of the girls in her class go to dance class and enjoy it. I've resisted putting her in a dance class due to my own history.....I can distinctly remember being 3 or 4 years old and being dragged to ballet lessons every week. I also cried before each practice and begged not to go. The crowning moment was the dance recital that I did at the end, in which I felt like a fish out of water. I think that was the end of my ballet lessons, so I must have really looked like a fish out of water too and Mom must have taken pity on me!

So, I signed Sofia up for class and we bought inexpensive tap and ballet shoes the day before her classes started. She pretty much lived in her tap shoes from the moment we got home! She was really excited to get to dance class and wondered why we had to wait until Monday afternoon to go to class. The class started with tap and changed to ballet halfway through. She seemed to love it and wanted to put her tap shoes on again once we were home and show us what she learned. Maybe it's the start of a serious dancer?

Mrs. JoAnne takes attendance (Sofia is in pink with pigtails)


Waiting patiently


Dance class begins!


Tiny dancers all lined up and ready to go!


Dancing (Sofia is on the far right)





Tap, tap, tap....

No comments: