Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's Day 2011 (a week late...)

Since CK celebrated Father's Day with his Dad in Florida while Sian and the girls were visiting, we decided to push off our Father's Day celebration by a week. In the lead up to Sunday June 26th, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best place to take CK to celebrate since he always does such a great job of taking me to fun, delicious, interesting restaurants for Mother's Day. I considered a top rated fish house downtown, but then decided that he'd be more up for something other than fish, and going to a steak house for Sunday afternoon seemed too heavy. So, after a bit of searching I decided on The Grape Restaurant which is noted by Texas Monthly as having the very best burger! It seemed like it was a bit of a gastropub which reminded me a lot of our time in London too, so I figured we'd give it a shot.

After Meeting, we headed into Dallas and we were both very pleasantly surprised by the restaurant. It was a great atmosphere (thankfully I made reservations because they were turning people away), and we soon found that the food was fantastic. A great way to start of celebrating CK's (belated) Father's Day! After stuffing ourselves, we headed home where he and Sofia took naps and relaxed. Then, before they got into the pool for some afternoon swimming, CK opened his presents. Sofia and I framed a drawing she'd done that included a tracing of her hand holding a flower. She signed her name after I wrote "Happy Father's Day 2011. I love you, Papa!" She also got him a new tie with ducks on it that she picked out and a new cologne that we discovered the last time we were in Ft. Worth. We had a great celebration and enjoyed honoring such a great Papa!

Sofia and Papa at The Grape





Reading his homemade card from Sofia (ok, I helped a little bit...)


Happy Papa and Sofia


Opening his cologne and tie from Sofia


Opening his new art work!


I got him a smoker for the BBQ (we'll see how well it works) and a pizza peel

No comments: