Sunday, March 11, 2018

Spring Break 2018, Day 3

We woke up on Sunday ready for a full day of relaxing on the island. We headed to the main clubhouse for breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, yogurt and much-needed coffee. The breakfast was great, but a lot of food and we decided to eat breakfast in Beach House for the rest of the week, so CK went to the local store with Tony and a few other visitors. Tony, the owner of FBV, makes a daily trip to the local store for visitors to pick up odds and ends. CK bought milk, cereal, fruit, apples, and bread. It was just what we needed for breakfasts and for making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

While he was at the store, the girls swam (in their clothes before switching into their swimsuits), and I read my book and relaxed outside. The girls and their new friend Charlie walked to the end of the bay and back and the sky was nearly black! It was soon raining and ended up raining hard for about 2 hours! While it rained, we hung out in the living room and the girls and I played Uno while CK read his book.

Once the storm passed, it soon became mostly sunny and was great for swimming and kayaking. Charlie and the girls re-connected after the storm and built a sand castle/fort together. Charlie and Sofia definitely bond more than the three of them or even Charlie and Olivia. In talking with Lisa, it seems Charlie and Sofia are pretty similar personalities, so it makes sense. While Charlie and Sofia worked on their castle/fort, Olivia put on her mask and swam among the waves. It was a little rough after the storm, but not bad since we are in a protected bay. Olivia soon became tired of playing by herself, so we decided to grab a two-person kayak and paddle out to the closest island. When we visited before, CK and I kayaked out to it and swam/snorkeled around it and saw tons of beautiful fish. As we headed out to the island, CK and Sofia decided to join us and were soon in the other two-person kayak. We waited for them and paddled out together. Once we were there, Sofia jumped overboard and snorkeled around. She loved looking at all the fish and talked through her snorkel, which was funny. I kept trying to convince Olivia to join her sister, but she wasn't certain about it. She had her mask but not her fins or snorkel and the water was pretty rough. So, I told her we could come out another day and I would snorkel with her when it was calmer water. Sofia continued swimming around the island and came up to tell us that she'd found an octopus! She said it was beautiful and she was so excited!

Olivia and I decided to go back to the beach while Sofia swam around the island again and CK followed her in the kayak. As we got closer to the shore, Olivia said she wanted to swim in to Charlie, so I dropped her off and watched her swim. Once I knew she was close to the shore and safe, I started paddling toward the kayak storage area. I rode a wave in to the shore and started to get out of the kayak, just as another small wave came and dumped me over, trapping me under the kayak and tumbled me two more times! I finally got up and control of the kayak and felt like I'd been in a fight with someone! I hurt everywhere and was shocked my glasses weren't broken! I pulled the kayak up the shore and walked over to sit and relax on the lounge chair! I knew I'd be bruised pretty good the next day.

Soon, CK and Sofia returned and the three kids fell back into playing together in the sand and swimming. The day continued to get nicer and nicer and it was soon a beautiful sunny day. CK and I enjoyed relaxing in the sun and reading and it was soon time to shower and change for appetizers and dinner. At dinner we met a really nice couple, Brian and Paula, who flew in from Kansas for two nights and a full day at FBV. It was their first trip to the Bahamas and they were doing a quick trip to several different islands to figure out what they liked for their next visit. For dinner we had fresh grouper, cheese broccoli and cauliflower, rolls and a salad. It was so delicious! After dinner we hung out at the fire pit on the beach and talked with Lisa, Chip, Brian and Paula while our kids tracked down frogs and lizards. Of course, Sofia named each one of them and had her favorites. She nearly had a heart attack when she watched one of the local cats eat a lizard! Soon, it was time to get the kids to bed and get ready for another great day!

The calm before the storm

The view from our porch! Perfection!

The girls found a starfish on the beach and wanted to get it into the water as soon as possible so it would live.

Swimming

Exploring with Charlie, before the storm!

Love this picture of the girls

Playing with Charlie after the storm

Making their castle/fort

Olivia and I head off in the kayak

The small islands from the beach

More playing in the sand

Love all the shells

I think I took 100 photos of the bay - it's just so beautiful and never gets old


Our sweet girl!

Swimming


Some shells Olivia collected on one of our walks.

Beach girl

Our shell collection

A rare photo of just CK and I. Sofia took this on the way to dinner

CK and the girls

A selfie

The girls watching the sunset before dinner

Relaxing with Chip and Lisa and enjoying the sunset

No comments: