Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Practicing for Halloween

After carving the pumpkins, I convinced the girls to try on their costumes so I could get a few photos of them. Sofia absolutely loves her new costume, so it takes no convincing to get her into it. I pulled out the adorable monkey costume my Mom made for Sofia to show Olivia and get her into it, however, she made it clear she wasn't as into the idea as her sister. Finally Sofia and I convinced her to put it on and she was fine wearing the outfit, without the monkey "head" even though I know the costume is very warm and I'm sure she was getting hot. The costume just fits her and it's sad to know that she won't be able to wear it again. It's really such a work of art and I love that both girls have enjoyed it. Finally, after offering her a piece of gum, Olivia agreed to put the monkey head on for a few pictures. I even put Buddy into his hot dog costume, which he's perfectly comfortable wearing. I bought it at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago and saw a cute costume of a shark, but it would be on Buddy's head and I figured he wouldn't be as comfortable wearing something like that, so I stuck with the hot dog.

I had the girls walk with Buddy toward me so I could get a few pictures of them. After, they ran around and played and then Sofia figured out that they really needed to "practice" trick-or-treating! She suggested that she and Olivia go door to door, but knowing that most wouldn't have candy yet, I told her to practice on our door. She and Olivia took turns knocking and getting York Peppermint Patties from me (the only candy we have). It was cute and probably a good idea to get Olivia used to Halloween and what could be an overwhelming night.

Our little monkey checks out her paws

The monkey, stegosaurus, and hot dog

Such a cute monkey!

All set for Halloween!

Our stegosaurus' adorable feet

And her "claws"

Her tail...

Our sweet girl....

No comments: