Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Card Photo Shoot

We decided to use one of the professional photos of all of us from when Olivia was first born for our Christmas card this year, but when I found the card I liked had room for two more photos I decided to make my own photo shoot of the girls to include recent photos of them on our card as well. We had about a week of very cold weather after Thanksgiving and I knew I had to await for a decent day before sending them outside in their Christmas dresses to take photos. Finally, we had a clear morning and it wasn't too cold so I got them both dressed and we headed down to our little pond for our photo shoot. It went better than I anticipated and Sofia did a great job of holding Olivia AND smiling AND looking at the camera! Olivia, for her part didn't fuss at all and I actually captured a few photos of her looking my way.

After, we returned to the house where I took a few photos of them with their heads together. I think I captured a few good shots - either way they will be heading out on our Christmas card this year!

Olivia is wearing a red silk dress that was Sofia's and is one of my favorites. However, since it's silk it's really slick so Sofia had a hard time holding her without pulling her dress up too high. Needless to say, we didn't use this one on our card.


Such cute girls








The girls with the fountain


One of the two used for our card


Sofia by herself - such a big girl now!








Our girls! I really love this one, but Sofia's hands are in a weird place


The other photo we used for our card


There was a similar photo at the hospital of the older and younger feet but I couldn't really capture it....

No comments: