Thursday, November 24, 2011

Olivia's First 5K

On Thanksgiving morning, Olivia and I did our first 5K together. Some of my girlfriends and I talked about doing a 5K and decided to do a "homemade" one and stay local rather than traveling to Arlington on Ft. Worth for a very busy 5K. We met at a park about 15 minutes from our house at the reasonable hour of 9am and did the 5K. It was a beautiful and crisp morning, which was perfect for the race. My friend Michelle and I ended up walking it while the others ran, all of us pushing kiddos in jogging strollers. Olivia fell asleep just after we started out and woke up just as we finished, so she had a very relaxed race! It was a fun and hilly course and a great start to Thanksgiving day! Meanwhile, Sofia and CK headed to check on the Baron before picking up Sofia's Grandparents at the airport.

Getting ready to head out


All bundled up for a crisp morning


Michelle, Milani, Olivia (under her blanket) and me ready for our "race"


With Katie, who really organized the whole thing


Michelle and Milani out on the course


Olivia and me


A sleepy little girl

No comments: