Sunday, November 27, 2011

...and Trains

After our outstanding tea, we decided to go to Northpark Mall to see the train exhibit since Sofia and Chandler love anything to do with trains. Of course the Saturday after Thanksgiving isn't really the best time to be hitting the mall and we barely found a parking spot! Once inside we lucked out by being near the train exhibit, which was surprisingly not overrun with people. The kids loved it and I think they could have spent all day watching the trains go. Sofia loved to stand in one spot and make up stories, but would say them very quietly to herself, so I never got to hear exactly where her imagination took her, but I'm so happy she still loves trains and loves to create her own world with them. Olivia fell asleep in my arms and I carried throughout the exhibit since I forgot to include the stroller in the back of the car, but she isn't too heavy (yet!).

Going into the train exhibit


Cynthia and I with Chandler and Sofia totally focused on the trains behind us


Busy watching trains


Sofia, Olivia and me


Sofia with Washington DC in the background


Washington DC


Standing in front of Fountain Place, where her Papa works downtown


Grand Central Station


One very happy train-loving girl


Chandler and Sofia couldn't be happier


The train-loving cousins

No comments: