Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Writing Thank You Notes

I really want Sofia to understand the value of saying "Thank You" but also know that she can't exactly write out thank you notes just yet, so figured I'd strike a good compromise. I had her finger paint note cards and then wrote the thank you notes inside them. I also had her sign her name at the end of the notes, but then gave up after so many cards! I keep trying to explain to her how thankful she should be for the many new gifts she has and hope that this makes an impression as she grows up. It was a fun project for her to work on and she was really spoiled with gifts this year, so I'm looking forward to the time when she can sit down and write out her own thank you cards!

Getting started....she eventually ditched the paint brush and went for the fingers


Finishing up her first card


She kept telling me that every section of the card had to be covered by paint...


Having fun!

No comments: