Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Leaving the Hospital

Olivia and I were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday morning and CK and Sofia headed to the hospital to pick us up and take us home. On the way, Sofia asked "Will my next baby sister be born at this hospital?" To which CK responded that Olivia is the last little sister Sofia will be getting. Sofia then said "But I'll be getting one when I turn 5, right?" Throughout the pregnancy I've told Sofia that her baby sister would arrive after her birthday, to give her some reference of time, but apparently she thinks that Olivia IS her birthday present!

After we left the hospital we headed to Johnny B's for a cheeseburger, since we left the hospital at lunchtime and were all hungry. The hospital food was pretty good, but the cheeseburger was divine! After lunch we headed home and it felt great to get into my own bed after the hospital bed.

Dressing Olivia into her "going home outfit" which was an outfit given to Sofia that she never wore (she outgrew it before I realized we had it, so figured it would be perfect for Olivia to wear home).


All dressed. The outfit is a 3 month size, so was a bit large on her. Sofia LOVES giving Olivia kisses....


All dressed and ready to go!


One last picture in our hospital room


Leaving the hospital


CK straps Olivia into her car seat


Olivia and Sofia, all set to go


Our first stop - Johnny B's! We left just at lunch and were all very hungry. The cheeseburger was delicious!


One of us wasn't hungry....


Finally at home! Olivia in the Lee Family bassinet and me resting....

No comments: