Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Olivia's Bedroom

I meant to post pictures of Olivia's "new" room before she arrived but obviously she had other plans! Thankfully we were done setting up and decorating her room before she arrived and although she won't likely use her room for some weeks, it's nice to have it all ready for our littlest girl. We used a few of Sofia's toys and stuffed animals to decorate but also were lucky enough to get new things from friends to help decorate Olivia's room.

The entrance to her room


Baby photos of Mimi (my Mom) and a picture of Great Grandma (my Grandma) with baby Mimi (my Mom)


Olivia's room!


Three dresses that were made by my Grandmother for my Mom when she was a baby....


The little shelf by her dresser that includes blue booties handmade by our neighbor's Mom for their son's recent Christening, Mommy and baby diaper giraffes handmade by Jill Russell (they are so cute!), a very old Bambi book given to Sofia by Chris and Tom in DC, a silver bank (also a gift to Sofia) and a crystal bear bank that was mine when I was a kid.


Her crib all set to go!


The other side of Olivia's room.


All the infant toys and books are all set up for her, even though it will be awhile. Sofia's doll house and puzzles are there so she has something to play with when we are in Olivia's room.


The shelves include a photo album, two handmade cloth blocks, and toys that were Sofia's. The bottom shelf includes the teddy bear my Mom made for me for my college graduation, "The Little Engine That Could" book, a pink piggy bank for Olivia, a "Sophie the Giraffe" toy and new frame for Olivia. So, some new things along with some of Sofia's goodies.


The changing table with photos that we took in Tanzania on our honeymoon.

No comments: