Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hanging out with Kris

Sofia and I flew to Orange County on November 14th and stayed with Mom's best friend Kris and her husband Jim. I hadn't been to their house in years, even though Kris was a staple in my Mom's hobby room every time I visited (or called home). Kris and Mom were always cooking up some sort of amazingly creative project or gift and they really completed each other's creative ideas. While staying at their house, she helped me package up a miniature room that Mom made and gave to Sofia. It's such a work of art and I was afraid of how best to ship it home, but Kris came up with the best idea of how to get it to Texas safely. Sofia loved looking at all the little toys and Kris told her about each piece, focusing on those that Sofia's Mimi had made. It was a great visit with both Kris and Jim, and we can't wait to visit them again (or host them in Texas!).

Kris showing Sofia Mimi's miniature toy store





Inside the toy store - such a wonderful piece of art!


Hanging out with Kris and Jim

No comments: