Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cupcakes, Metro and Friends

On the last night of our visit, my girlfriend Sandy hosted a low key dinner party with several of our mutual girlfriends so that we could catch up without our kiddos. For the dessert, I offered to bring cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes, since I'd be in Georgetown earlier that day. While we were living in DC, Georgetown Cupcakes was so popular that the line stretched around the corner and down the street and they often closed before lunchtime because they would sell out of their goods. So, I'd never had one before and looked forward to the yumminess. So, I bought a beautiful dozen of cupcakes and Sofia and I decided to enjoy one on the spot. Of course Sofia licked off all the frosting from hers and left the cake while I tried their carrot cake. I must say that since I've had Sprinkles Cupcakes, Georgetown Cupcakes don't even compare, but they weren't bad.

Sofia eyeing the cupcakes


Our selection


All set to enjoy her cupcake


Yum! After licking off all the frosting, Sofia was done (although she wanted another one).


Hanging out with Emily. Emily is a few months older than Sofia and they have known each other since they were just a few months old. During our last visit (in January) they fought over everything. This time they were big buddies from the beginning.


The Metro....Sofia loved riding it anywhere and we always had to watch it as it pulled out of the station. If another one arrived, she wanted to watch the whole process before we left.

No comments: