Saturday, October 3, 2009

The newest member of the Lee family.....

We've kicked around the idea of getting a dog for awhile, especially around the time Sofia was one when she absolutely adored dogs and would run to any with wild abandon. However, in the past six months she's changed her tune and is usually afraid of dogs - large and small. Plus, there's the whole shedding, exercising, feeding, and all other issues related to dogs that I'm not sure I'm up for (let's be serious - I know who would be responsible for such an addition to our family).

So, in today's newspaper they had ideas on what to do with old vases and one idea was to use a vase as a fish bowl for a Betta! I found a round flower vase that I'd received (thank you Mom and Joseph) and Sofia and I headed to Petco to find our new buddy. After consulting one of the employees (and some web research at home), we bought rocks, fake plants, water conditioner, Betta food and our very own little Betta. Sofia picked him out - I liked the dark blue one but the red one she picked is better since you can actually see his face. One the drive home we discussed names and Sofia came up with Thomas the train, Pepito (from Madeline), Ferdinand (from Ferdinand the Bull), and Starbucks (wonder where she gets that from?!). So far our little Betta remains without a name, but I'm sure she'll settle onto something soon!

Checking out the fake plants


Our new Betta - she immediately wanted to take off the lid and 'see him'


Kissing her scrape on the drive home. Sofia scrapped her knee last weekend and is convinced that kissing it makes it better - usually the kiss is from Papa or me, but I guess she's decided that her kiss will do. She calls it her "scape" and it's been completely healed for at least a few days....


The Betta's next to his new home, before adding him


Our newest member of the family!


Sofia points to her new buddy

No comments: