Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finger Painting

On Wednesday I decided it was time to get creative with some entertainment since we've had nearly two weeks solid of either rain or cloudy weather. So I bought a cheap table cloth, set out the paper and finger paints, dressed Sofia in an old running shirt of mine and let her go to town!

First off, I must say that the "washable" finger paints are weird - for those of you who haven't experienced them, they are like colored hair gel! So, I'm sort of leaning toward buying regular poster paint next time, laying down a drop cloth, and letting her experience what I think of as paint! Anyway, along with the finger paint I bought a set of cheap brushes since often she isn't a fan of getting things on her hands, and that is exactly what she used. She had fun painting (she still calls it "finger painting" even though fingers were very briefly used) and has asked to do it everyday, but generally when we are about to head out the door, etc....

She did three pieces that day - one multi-colored, one solid green and the other solid blue. I can't wait to see her next creations!

All set to paint


Switching from fingers to paint brushes





Adding other colors


The finished beauty!


Now on to the next project, "A Study in Blue!"

No comments: