Monday, January 21, 2019

Goodbye Taos!

We woke up on Monday morning and headed to Michael's for breakfast. We'd told Yolanda that we didn't plan on having breakfast at the Inn because CK guaranteed us that the very best breakfast was at Michael's and we had to eat there before we headed home! We said goodbye to Yolanda and promised we'd be back. She's such an amazing lady who has led an incredibly interesting life. Kristy and I kept telling her that we'd love to spend a day having coffee with her and letting her tell us all her stories. We took our final photos by the Inn and then headed to Michael's. It was amazing! Kristy and I actually both had the same thing - the cheese and green chili omelette with avocado slices. It was SO good! It was also huge and impossible to eat even half of it. We both agreed that it was the best meal we'd had since we arrived at Taos and an excellent meal to end our trip on.

We headed to the airport and after waiting for it to be warmed up in the hanger, we loaded up and pointed for home. We were actually able to swing by Taos Clay, were I was hoping to check out some cool new tools, but they actually didn't have anything interesting. They did have some nice pieces from various artists, but most were very over-priced. I wanted to buy a bag of clay, but knew an added 50 pounds would be frowned up by CK. Next trip! We returned to the airport and headed for home. We actually made it home in record time and the flight was smooth and easy. Kristy slept most of the way and I finished my book. We were on the ground and heading home and I was ready to see the girls! We got home and realized that they really hadn't missed us at all, which was better than really missing, I guess. Although, Sofia actually asked if maybe we could go away again, since she wasn't ready to say goodbye to Miss Megan! Brother! That girl. The did both tell us how much they would love to go skiing in Taos next time. I do think they would have a great time, as long as they stayed warm. I can't imagine the level of complaining if they got too cold.

I realized I'd left my wallet in the airplane, so we loaded up and returned to the airport and then went out to dinner with the girls. It wasn't really how I envisioned the evening ending, but it was such a fun long weekend and at least I didn't lose my wallet like I thought I had at first. Such a fun long weekend and it was really so much fun traveling with Kristy and John. They are an easy couple to travel with and a lot of fun! We will have to plan another fun long weekend together.

The four of us outside of the Taos Country Inn


CK, Yolanda and me. Such a sweet lady.

The amazing cinnamon rolls at Michael's. We didn't have one, but should have!

Taos Clay!

Flying home....


Kristy snoozing.

Such a beautiful landscape!

CK and John in the front seats.

Olivia is ready to go skiing!


This was in Olivia's school folder a few days after we returned from Taos. It says "This hand belongs to Olivia Grace Lee and will someday ski in Taos." Love it!

No comments: