Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day!

Today didn't turn out quite the way we expected it to, but that's how life happens. Sofia was still sick with a 100 degree fever (better than 104 Friday night), and I wasn't feeling great myself, so I stayed home in my pjs while CK and Olivia headed off to Meeting. It has been pouring rain all night and it almost felt like the middle of the night since it's so dark outside. I drank coffee and Sofia and I read our respective Harry Potter books (# 7 for her and #3 for me). She ate a few crackers since she didn't eat dinner the night before and I ended up taking a shower and getting dressed since I wanted to be be sure and get a photo of myself with the girls on Mother's Day, even if Sofia would be wearing her pjs.

Once CK and Olivia came home, they made pancakes, eggs and bacon for us and we enjoyed a very delicious breakfast together. The girls made me a card and Sofia gave me the gift she's been hiding since our yard sale, when she got it from our neighbor Jackie. She was so excited about it and kept telling me not to look and how much I'd love it. It is a red and white coffee mug and reads "Keep Calm and Carry On". She was so proud to give it to me, which is sweet.

After gifts and cards, we read and Sofia napped and we just hung out in the very rainy and soggy day.

The picture of the girls and I that CK posted on FB on Mother's Day.

Sofia and I relaxing on the couch with our books

My view

My sweet girl!

Silly Olivia

Both girls

The three of us! Happy Mother's Day!

Silly faces!

My Mother's Day gift

No comments: