Monday, April 1, 2013

Getting Ready for Easter

Throughout Saturday Connie and I worked on putting the kids and adult tables together and getting them ready for our meal the next day. I must say we were very relaxed about it and worked on it in the late morning while Olivia napped and then after dinner. I really should have focused on it sooner, but didn't want to spend the entire day focused on setting up. I really love setting up for a nice meal, almost as much as I enjoy the actual event. Easter is such a time of hope and renewal that I love how fun it is to display those feelings. After all was done, I think we created a cute set-up and we were both excited to have everyone over to enjoy a meal together the next day!

The cute kids table


From the other side - I got a lot of ideas off Pinterest and originally planned to put down white paper and set out crayons and stickers, but then realized that the kids would likely eat and then want to get up to play, so the crayons/stickers wouldn't be used.


Olivia's cute highchair set up!


A close-up of Sofia's setting. Connie bought me a set of adorable chair napkin rings and once Sofia saw them she ran into Olivia's room to get the little wooden dolls from the doll house! Such a great idea and we incorporated it into the setting. So each place had a flower and a chair napkin ring! So adorable!!


The adult table


The table runner closest is the one Connie bought and I LOVE it! I look forward to using it a lot since the colors are perfect and it isn't pastel/Easter specific (like the other one).


Each setting included a lace table mat and lace napkins in silver napkin rings. While I was still single, my Mom would buy me one silver napkin ring for Christmas, my birthday, etc and I now have 12 totally different napkin rings. She told me that one day I would host nice meals and would appreciate them. I loved getting them then and really love them now...The lace table mats ad napkins were also a gift from her a few years ago.


Birds nests (thank you Pinterest!) I loved how these turned out and the kids enjoyed them


Birds nests displayed


The very best carrot cake that we didn't make (thank you, Central Market!) It tasted better than it looks too!

No comments: