Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And it's a GIRL!!!

Today we found out that Sofia will "get" a little sister after all! During the ultrasound follow-up, the doctor confirmed our suspicions and we're excited to meet our new little one! I'm excited to be able to reuse Sofia's clothes, especially since I've saved basically every stitch she's ever worn. More importantly, I love that this little one will be able to enjoy Mimi's wonderful creations and they will all be worn and enjoyed once again. Of course, we still have to decide on baby rooms. I've always thought that the baby could be upstairs, but after visiting our neighbors who have their baby room upstairs, I'm reminded of all those diaper changes and trips up and down stairs. Plus, since Sofia is more than able to go up and down stairs without help, we are now leaning on moving her upstairs. It sort of makes me sad, since I really think of the room she's in now as "her's" and can't imagine sending her upstairs. I guess we have time to decide and are in no hurry to rush a decision, but I find myself thinking about it more than I should.

The other day I asked Sofia if she planned to share her toys with her new sister and she said she is. However, when I asked if she would share her trains and train track, she said "No. The baby will be too little to play with my train set," which is a good point really. She also agreed begrudgingly to sharing her books - as long as I read them to the baby. She said she was afraid the baby would rip the pages of her books. She even agreed to share Green Beup Beup with the baby, which shocked me. We'll see how the sharing goes when the time comes though.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yehhh! Congratulations! We are soo happy for you guys!