Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Day in the Life.....

I wanted to capture another "day in the life" of Sofia and picked last Thursday, which was her last day of tumbling class and also included a lot of stuff we do regularly. So on Thursday we get ready, Sofia has her regular sippy cup of chocolate milk and then we head to her tumbling class which starts at 9am. Usually we share a breakfast granola bar in the car and she has a cup of Cheerios that she can dip into, but this morning we made a stop at Dunkin Donuts which is on the way. She LOVES the donut holes and I love their coffee (and toasted coconut donut), so we are both happy.

Munching on her Dunkin Donuts donut hole -yum!


On the balance beam - her favorite. At tumbling we warm up, stretch, Sofia jumps on the mat (her other favorite), then we are free for about 20-25 minutes to do whatever each kid wants. Sofia heads to the balance beam, but also loves the spring ramp and the obstacle course.


She can really move across the balance beam when she holds onto my hand. She doesn't really use me for balance much but I think it is reassuring. When I let go, she giggles and starts to loose her focus. She loves going on the tall balance beam (just behind her) and I don't take my hand away for that!


The obstacle course


With Miss Tammy doing backward rolls


After class she likes to find various things (including old soda tops, etc) and carry it around. This morning she found a rock and a nice stick. Usually we walk over to the park and she plays while I drink coffee and read the paper, but this morning she didn't want to go, so we loaded back into the car and went about our day.


At our dry cleaners - she loves to wear my sunglasses, which is funny. Luckily the dry cleaner has a little metal frog that she plays with and carries around while I pick up/drop off laundry.


After lunch we went to the gym - she to kid care and I to a yoga class. Now that she's two she stays in the 'big kid' area which is a little overwhelming but she hasn't looked back. I asked if she wanted to be in the small kid area (where she used to go) and she said 'no,' climbed out of my arms and bolted for the fun of the climbing gym! Crazy kid! I returned to find her with a completely soaked shirt and was told that she had found the water fountain. Here she is on our way out.....one last sip!


Her usual play time on the bike rack - she does this every time we leave the gym and it's a great way for me to get her headed toward our car.


After her nap, we decided to go for a ride on her "happy birthday tricycle" to visit the cows across the street and pick up our neighbor's mail (I'm house sitting for him) and our mail. Sofia received a new bell and safety belt from Alice, Joe and Grayden and she was busy ringing the bell as I pushed!


Visiting the cows. We were hoping the calf would be interested in meeting Sofia, but he bolted then stopped and stared at us. Sofia reached through the fence and kept saying "Come here, cow" over and over, but no luck.


As usual, we went swimming (she usually goes with CK, but he was working late). She first had to check our plants and wear her brand new cowgirl boots that she got the day before from Aunt and Uncle! They are awesome and she struts around like a cowgirl! She tries to put them on and take them off herself which is usually frustrating for her, especially when I help out.


Swimming! She loves the water and scoots around like an old pro with her water wings or swim vest. She also likes me to take them off and swim without and we practice our skills from swim class.


After dinner, Papa takes our tired girl to her room for story time and bed......


Engrossed in a book. Her favorite part of the day! She loves to be read to and her books and snuggles up with her Papa before going to bed.

No comments: