Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fun on the Beach

On Tuesday, I woke up at 7:15 and walked Buddy along the dog walk and then on the beach. He seemed to enjoy it a lot more this time and actually went into the water and dug for sand crabs. I'd love to take him off his leash so he could run around and really check things out, but I know he'd just want to pee on everything.

Grandpa and Grandma and the girls arrived just after lunchtime and we moved all their things into the two other rooms. The girls' room had two twin beds and the guest room had a queen-sized bed in it and was really cute. Actually the whole condo is really decorated well and is really cute and comfortable. Within minutes of arriving at the condo, the girls were in their swimsuits and we headed to the beach. Thankfully the condo included two umbrellas which we ended up using every day. I grabbed them, the beach towels Connie brought with them that were actually really good quality and our beach toys that CK and I bought earlier that day at Publix for the girls. We found a good place to set up and the girls swam and seemed to really love getting pummeled by the waves. Olivia really loved getting smashed by the waves, while Sofia learned how to dive under them and escape the power of the waves.

Sofia started digging for sand crabs (aka mole crabs) and I helped her look for the best places to find really big ones. A few of them were bigger than I've ever seen and Sofia wasn't squeamish at all in handling them. She kept her bigger sand crabs in a bucket with a little bit of sand so they could burrow in and feel safe. After a bit, she would let them go after I convinced her that they would die otherwise. Olivia checked in on what Sofia was doing but she preferred to swim and play in the water instead. It was great to see how happy she was playing in the ocean. After awhile, the girls joined forces and built sand castles.

On Wednesday, we had breakfast together and then the girls, CK and I headed to the beach. The girls absolutely loved to swim and spend hours in the water. CK and the girls then decided to build a sand castle and decorated it with shells that Olivia and I looked for together. The girls were very particular about where each shell was located and they each had to be washed in "fresh water" before being added to the castle, according to Olivia. After the castle was finished, CK headed up to the condo since he'd had enough sun for the day. The girls and I swam, searched for shells, dug for sand crabs or worked on adding to the sand castle until around 1pm when we were all really hungry. We headed back to the condo where we made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a ham sandwich for myself. I took a nap and when I woke up I was ready for more beach time, but the girls had both showered and were watching a show so they weren't interested in going with me. Their Grandpa and Grandma were out birthday shopping for Sofia's gift. So, I took my book, and found our umbrella-covered towels where I read and napped on and off. It was great.

After I returned to the condo, the girls and I watched Zootopia on my computer while we were cuddled up on our bed. We'd seen it before but it was fun to hang out, be lazy and watch it again. For dinner that night we went to Captain' BBQ that was just a few miles from our condo. It was possibly the best ribs I've ever had! The food was delicious! After we returned to our condo, the girls begged to swim in the ocean again, so I took them down with Buddy. Buddy and I hung out on a towel while the girls ran around on the beach and swam until 8:45pm. It was actually getting dark when I convinced them it was time to go back and get ready for bed. They didn't want to leave! Crazy girls! They showered, changed into pajamas and were in bed and asleep in no time!

Happy girl playing in the sand

CK swimming with the girls

Working on the sand castle

Adding sand drizzle on the sand castle together


Olivia in the surf

No comments: