Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Parties

Today both girls had their Valentine's Parties at school. It ended up rainy and cold all day and the girls had to run from the parking lot to the school building carrying their Valentine's boxes. About two weeks ago I pulled up a few ideas for Valentine's boxes on Pinterest and showed the girls. Of course, Sofia immediately wanted a dragon while Olivia asked to make a unicorn or alicorn (unicorn with wings). After looking at various options, they both agreed to wanting an alicorn. One afternoon while they were at school, I pulled together all of our Valentine's craft material and made two adorable alicorns. Luckily I'd just bought running shoes for me and Sofia as well as athletic shoes for Olivia, so we had four boxes to use. Two were slightly smaller than the other two, so I used them as heads. They were fun to make and turned out really cute. The hardest part was the horn, which I ended up using two birthday hats and glued white paper to them. Ultimately, I was very happy to have my hot glue gun!

Olivia's party was at 12:55 and lasted an hour and Sofia's was 2pm until the final bell at 2:50. So, it really worked out perfectly. Olivia's party started with pretzels, grapes, strawberries and bananas followed by ice cream sundaes that each kiddo was able to pick out their toppings. Of course, it was a huge hit and the kids gobbled everything up. CK was able to make it to most of Olivia's party and it was fun to hang out with her. After the sundaes were eaten, each kiddo sat on the classroom floor and went through their Valentine's boxes. There were some super cute valentine's cards and gifts, including crayons that spelled "Olivia" from Logan, the room mom's son. Olivia also enjoyed going through her Valentines from "Mommy and Papa" and one from "Giraffey" (her lovey). Of course, she also tore into her candy and really loved trying the blue Fun Dip (which I haven't seen since I was a kid). Her tongue and entire mouth was blue in no time. Mrs. Schultz walked around the class and handed out a stuffed animal to each of her "Cuties" as she calls them and gave Olivia an adorable pink puppy. I helped Olivia clean up her Valentine's box and treats and then gave her a hug goodbye and headed up to Sofia's classroom for her party.

Sofia's party was a bit different than Olivia's with dance music and about half of the kids dancing in the middle of the classroom. Sofia was sitting at her desk reading a book when I showed up (not a big surprise). After I got there, she got an ice cream sundae and enjoyed it before asking if she could borrow my camera to take photos of her friends. She kept asking me if she could go see Mrs. Grant to take a photo with her, but I figured she was busy with her own party. At one point, I walked out into the hallway and both Mrs. Grant and Mrs. Murray where together so I took an adorable photo of Sofia with both of them. She really loves Mrs. Murray but she adores Mrs. Grant, who is a fantastic math teacher. Sofia continued on to Mrs. Grant's classroom with my camera and actually took some pretty cute photos of friends together. She told everyone she was taking photos for the yearbook. She returned to the classroom where her classmates were dancing and playing with slime that someone had given out for Valentine's Day. The slime was a huge hit, especially with the boys. Sofia hung out with me or read her book before it was time to head down stairs where I planned to meet Olivia and Antonio to take the three of them home. It was drizzling outside, so I had to stand out in the cold so the kiddos could line-up for car pick-up in the hallway. Finally the three of them came out and we headed home! Such fun parties and lots of sweets!

Olivia with her Valentine's box

Olivia's

Sofia and Olivia and her boxes

Sofia's

Both girls ready for school and their Valentine's parties

Sweet Olivia

A sweet note Olivia wrote to Mrs. Schultz about a week before Valentine's Day and gave to her for the party

Olivia colored this for Mrs. Schultz to go along with her note.

Olivia with her Papa

Olivia and me

Enjoying her sundae

The three of us

Going through her Valentine's box

Mrs. Schultz and Olivia

Olivia LOVES the pink puppy given to her by Mrs. Schultz

Fun Dip!

Sofia at her Valentine's Party

Valentine's Day selfie

A sweet and funny note written by Sofia to Mrs. Grant

Sofia and her two very favorite teachers! Ms. Murray and Mrs. Grant

Doing what she loves during her Valentine's Party....reading...

No comments: