Monday, February 20, 2017

Hannah Sleeps Over....

Hannah arrived at our house at 5pm and Olivia was sleep on the couch! After having such a terrible night sleeping last night, Olivia really needed a good nap, so it was perfect when she fell asleep on the couch about an hour or more before Hannah arrived. Once Hannah came inside, Olivia slowly woke up and was super excited her best friend was finally here! They immediately ran upstairs and started playing dress up. Pretty much each time Hannah is over at our house, they end up playing dress up upstairs. They love it! At one point, I heard them both crying hysterically and ran upstairs to discover that they had gone out to the balcony and the door closed on them and locked them outside. They were so upset, even though I made it to them in minutes. They finally calmed down and I showed them how I unlocked the door so if they closed the door again it wouldn't lock behind them again. I'm pretty sure they didn't trust me and ended up staying inside after that episode.

After playing dress up for a long time they decided to color, another favorite thing to do when they are together. They requested coloring pages be printed of their favorite princesses and characters. They had so much fun and I think they could color for hours together. They took one break and jumped on the trampoline before dinner. For dinner the girls ate macaroni and cheese, grilled chicken and broccoli. After dinner, we popped popcorn and the girls headed upstairs to watch the real life Cinderella, which Hannah has never seen. It's actually one of Olivia (and my) favorite movies. Not surprisingly, they both loved it. I checked on them about 30 minutes before the movie was over and Hannah said she was really tired. I told her we could turn the movie off and they could go to bed, but she wanted to watch the rest of the movie when I told her that there was only 30 minutes left. The girls were so cute sitting together on one chair cuddled up with their loves and blankets.

Once the movie was over, the girls got into their pajamas and brushed their teeth and I gave Hannah her melatonin, even though she probably didn't really need it. She looked really sleepy, although I know that girl has unlimited energy! I tucked the girls into Olivia's bed and read them a story before telling them to have sweet dreams! It was 9:30pm when I headed out of Olivia's room and I was a little apprehensive about how long the girls would be up and giggly, but I literally didn't hear a peep out of them until 8am the next day! I couldn't believe it!

I made the girls pancakes and scrambled eggs which they loved and gobbled up. After they finished, they started coloring and making up stories together. They had so much fun and I love how much they enjoy each other and get along. They really are best friends!

Olivia is actually napping under there somewhere

Playing dress up together

Breakfast!



A little bit of coloring before getting dressed

No comments: