Thursday, December 10, 2015

Olivia's Christmas Program

Today was Olivia's Christmas program at school which she and her classmates have been practicing for several weeks. We were asked to drop off our kids wearing "Christmas colors" in their classroom and proceed to the chapel. Of course, Olivia and I were a few minutes late. I'm pretty sure we haven't been on time to school yet this year. I gave her a quick hug and found a good seat in the chapel. The program included each class singing different songs, starting with the 2 year olds, who were so cute and did a good job. After the 3-year olds sang their songs, it was Olivia and all the 4-year olds in her owl class and the elephant class to sing. I must confess I was a little uncertain as to what to expect since she tends to get shy in social situations, especially when I'm around. In fact, her class sat a few pews in front of me and when she caught my eye for the first time she hid her face and then would hid and giggle each time our eyes met.

Olivia and her friends climbed up onto the little "stage" which was really a set of low bleachers and the singing began! She did an awesome job and was really into it and sang with everything she had! The songs were really cute and her favorite was "I'm a Little Snowman" set to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot." They sang their songs so well and had so much fun. It was really cute! Her class, teachers and friends are so sweet and I wish we could just bottle it all up and doing it again next year. She has a good group of friends in class and they will mainly all go to different schools next year for Kindergarten.

After the 5-year olds sang their songs, we waited until all the kids were led out of the chapel before we met them in their classrooms to give them a final hug and tell them how much fun their program was.

All set for her show! She was so excited to be able to wear her new red shirt for the show!

Love the leaves behind her

Close up!

Mrs. Jan, the school's director introducing the kids before the program begins

Olivia is ready to get on stage

Olivia and her class friends are ready to perform!




No comments: