Monday, November 9, 2015

Florida and Sofia's First Gator Game

CK took the girls to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Florida on Friday while I stayed home and had the house to myself. CK wanted to take Sofia to her first University of Florida Gator game on Homecoming weekend, which happened to be Saturday November 7th. He used Southwest miles to get tickets for the two of them and were all set with their weekend away. However, once Olivia heard talk of visiting Grandma and Grandpa without her, she was really upset! So, he bought Olivia's ticket and the three of them spent the weekend together in Florida. I dropped the three of them off at Love Field at 8am on Friday and kissed and hugged them before they headed off to check-in, with both girls pulling their little suitcases behind CK. It was SO cute! I was kicking myself for not getting a picture. After saying goodbye, I drove to Denton where I had a tennis match against two really tough opponents. My partner, Natalie and I lost pretty badly but it was a good match and great tennis. After tennis, I had a hair appointment where I decided to cut a few inches off the bottom of my very damaged hair, and loved my new look and feel! Meanwhile, CK and the girls made it safely to Florida and visited Great Grandma on their way to the house. That night I went to watch the new James Bond movie "Spectre" with Marco and Stacy.

On Saturday morning, CK and Sofia headed to Gainesville in their Gator gear for breakfast prior to the game. CK's friend Hugh who owns a bank was hosting the breakfast which happened to be right across from the stadium. After breakfast, they headed to the Swamp, as the football stadium is called, and settled into their tickets. It was a particularly hot day and they sat in the sun and were hot and sweaty before long. During the first half, Sofia turned to CK and asked "How much longer is this game?" but CK gave her snacks and a cold drink and they lasted until the end. The Gators won and they had a very fun day together. Meanwhile, Connie took Olivia to Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, where they watched a real life mermaid show! Olivia loved it and was completely mesmerized! Grandma bought her a mermaid doll (with red hair) and two postcards with mermaids on them. She loves them and put her postcards into her special spot on her window ledge as soon as they returned home. She also got to take a picture with a mermaid and the look on her face is priceless!

Saturday at 5pm I went to my friend Marcella's wedding held at her house. I actually arrived late but enjoyed the evening with several of the ladies I play tennis with and their spouses. Her husband, Bob, cooked all the food for the wedding and it was delicious! It was a fun and festive night.

I picked CK and the girls up on Sunday at 8pm and was so glad to have them back. They had a great time with their Grandma and Grandpa and all the adventures had, and I had a relaxing and very quiet weekend at home. But I was ready to have them back with me and hear all about their weekend.

Heading to Florida!

Fueling up before the big game

At the Swamp

Sofia and her Papa cheering on the winning Gators

Olivia and a real mermaid

Heading home to Texas

Olivia practicing her Gator chomp so she can go to the game next time

No comments: