Thursday, October 29, 2015

Olivia's Fall Festival

On Thursday, Olivia's Owl class held their Fall Festival so all the kids were able to wear their Halloween costumes. Hannah's mom had a tennis match that day, so she asked if she could drop Hannah off before school and I could take her, which I love to do since I've asked her to do the same for me before. Plus, the girls love playing together and have a ball. They played together for an hour before it was time to head to school and I was able to get a photo of them together before we left for school. I was also dressed up as Professor McGonagall since I'd offered to help with the Fall Festival and needed to be in a costume.

Once we arrived at the girls' class, Miss Michelle told me they needed candy-collection buckets so I returned home and dug through our hall closet to find five baskets! I decided to take them all in case other kids forgot their baskets. I returned and walked to the gym where the festivities had begun. There were a number of stations set up for each class to go through. It started with a cute obstacle course followed by a bean bag toss and a sock toss through a hanging inflatable tire followed by a relay of cereal in a spoon, then a broom race (where I was stationed), then a ring toss and a duck dive in a little pond as well as a pumpkin bowling station. It was very impressive! The first class through was the 2 year olds and they were SO cute! I worked the broom races with a lady named Cathy whose son in in the transitional kindergarten class. She was super nice and I really enjoyed talking with her between the times when we were busy.

The broom races included two pool noodles that were the "brooms" and two lines on which the kids were to run down and turn around and run back. After they were finished they took their candy basket and collected candy from Cathy at the other end of the race. The kids loved it and some of them really took it seriously and raced their hearts out.

Before long, Olivia's class arrived in the gym and I was able to take pictures as she and her class went through the various stations. Of course, I couldn't take pictures of the broom races since I was busy directing kids, but was able to get pictures at the other stations. Olivia stood next to Hannah and seemed to really enjoy the festivities. She also has quite an arm on her and threw everything really hard and well! Who knew?!

Olivia's class finished all of the stations and headed back to their room with their trick-or-treat pumpkins after I gave her a quick hug and kiss. It was so fun to spend the day with all the various classes and to meet more of the parents.

Olivia and Hannah before we left for school


Our sweet mermaid

Standing in line for the bean bag toss


She has quite the arm on her!

Waiting for the next station

Tossing socks through a tire

Olivia's kitty art craft she made the week before! Love it!

Olivia's ghost!

No comments: