Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fun with Soccer Friends

The girls and I met Sofia's former soccer team at the Hall's Pumpkin Patch this evening at 6pm so we could hang out and so I could take photos of each player as well as a team photo. It was great to see the girls from Sofia's soccer team, even though there are many new faces. Only five girls remained with the team and it was so good to see them and visit with their moms. I miss our soccer team and visiting with those ladies at practice and games on Saturday mornings and really wish Sofia had an interest in soccer. Coach Jeff keeps trying to persuade Sofia to come out to practice on Thursday afternoon to see how it goes but so far she's been unconvinced. I'm still working on her though and hope she keeps an open mind. I don't care if she's the worst player in the world, I think group sports, especially with a very sweet group of girls, offers a lot of opportunities to grow and develop.

We started out taking individual photos of each of the girls and then a group photo. Each of the girls are so photogenic and it was over in no time. Coach Jeff asked that Sofia and Olivia join in the group photo, which was very sweet! After the photos, Coach Jeff had arranged for us to take a private hay ride to feed the cows and donkeys. It was really fun and fantastic to have the whole place to ourselves. The girls enjoyed it, although most were afraid of the cows' long tongues as they reached for the hot dog buns! After the cows, we got back on the hay trailer and headed over to the donkeys, who got little compressed grass pellets and were friendly enough.

After our hay ride, we then went to the corn maze. Sofia and Olivia headed off with Emily and Chloe and were gone after the second turn. I stuck with Holly and figured they would find their way out at some point. I must confess, I'm not a huge fan of corn mazes and dislike the feeling of being lost and having to find my way. Holly and I visited as we walked and it was so fun to catch up with her. We were maybe 20 minutes into the corn maze when my phone rang. I didn't recognize the phone number but decided to answer it....it was a very upset Sofia crying that she and Olivia were LOST! Apparently, the group had come to a dead end and turned around and started running the other direction. Sofia noticed that Olivia wasn't with them and turned back to find her little sister. Then, they couldn't find the group so they wondered around before becoming really upset. Luckily a nice family found them and Sofia asked to use the mother's cell phone. I was so proud of Sofia for sticking with Olivia and for thinking of calling me. Of course, I asked her why she didn't just start walking together and try to figure out where the exit was but she said she was too scared. After the call, Holly and I finally made it out of the maze and Sofia and Olivia were still a little upset and sad and ran to me for a huge hug. The sweet family who "saved them" were nearby and I thanked them for their help.

Sofia later told me that she saw the man had on a Baylor shirt, so she new he was nice and helpful! After the corn maze, the girls played together for a few more minutes before we headed home. It was so much fun, despite the corn maze fiasco!

The girls with three of their friends from the Pink Pirates

The team with Sofia and the Pink Pirate "mascot" Olivia

Sofia feeding the cows

Olivia feeding the cows

She laughed and laughed at the cow's tongue


The donkeys

Our sweet girls

Off the go!

Olivia trying to catch up with her sister

No comments: