Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Heading to school.....in style

So, two weeks ago I started putting the girls into the bike trailer and riding to school. It started as an incentive to get Sofia moving in the morning since she was super excited at the idea of riding in the trailer instead of going to school in the car. The first day we rode, all I heard was "WEEEEEEEEEEE" from Sofia as we biked along.

Now, after I drop Sofia off and walk her to the school's front door, Olivia and I continue on to the gym for my workout. I've found that although the ride home can be tiring, it actually has helped me from being sore the next day. Now, we've biked to school just about every morning. Yesterday it was 60 degrees when we headed out and the girls had sweaters and blankets, plus Sofia wanted me to close the rain cover. By the time we arrived at school and I opened the rain cover it felt like summer inside the trailer! The girls certainly travel in comfort! On the ride home from the gym Olivia generally falls asleep and she's a lot easier to transfer to her crib from the bike trailer than from the car seat.

Over the weekend, CK took my bike to the bike shop for new tires and to have my coffee cup holder installed, which has become very important to me at 7:20am! He also bought a super cool garget that is a stand for my bike, so I can park it in the garage and it's ready to go in the morning! I love it!

It's been a fun way to get to school and I'm thinking that once it gets too cold in the morning I can transition to picking her up in the afternoon.

In the garage, ready to go

The girls snug in the trailer

Ready to get going to school

Stopping for a quick picture

A sleepy little girl after the gym


No comments: