Saturday, September 22, 2012

Birthday Celebrations!

I had a lovely birthday which really started the night before when CK and I went out with our friends Thelma and Harvey to one of our favorite restaurants, Next. Thelma and I share the same birthday so we have gotten together the past few years which has been fun. It was a great night with good friends.

The next day, my actual birthday started off with me taking Sofia to school in the bike trailer and then Olivia and I continued on to Starbucks where we met the two other room moms - Vy and Bonnie, to discuss the Fall Festival basket that we're pulling together. Ana, one of my friends gave me a Starbucks gift card so it was fun to get a treat on my birthday. After the meeting, we returned to the house for Olivia's nap and I ended up getting many surprises throughout the day - bouquets of flowers from Rob and Margee, Becky and Mike and family, Joseph, CK and Connie, and red roses from CK! The house looked like a florist and they were each SO beautiful and such a surprise!

That evening CK took the girls and I to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants - Gloria's. It was a delicious meal, as usual and a fun birthday celebration. We returned home to enjoy Sprinkles cupcakes - delicious! CK put Olivia to bed and Sofia helped me open my presents! CK got me an awesome atlas which will be fun to use with the gals and is fun to explore now. Sofia and Olivia gave me a red heart jewelry box and a cupcake cookbook! It was a great day and a fun way to welcome the last year of my 30s.

The birthday gals!

This is how I found the girls the morning of my birthday - "reading" together in Olivia's room

My girls and me before dinner on my birthday

Sprinkles Cupcakes!!

Our happy little girl

Birthday cupcake

Olivia wouldn't hold still for this photo

Opening presents

I LOVE this note written by Sofia

Sofia helping me open my gifts

Olivia got a "mini" Sprinkles and loved it..big surprise!

Figuring out what cupcake we'll make first!

No comments: