Friday, May 6, 2011

Biking around town..

It was such a nice day that I decided to ride my bike with Sofia in the bike trailer rather than drive the short distance to the library. Sofia and I gave CK the bike trailer for Father's Day last year and he's used it a handful of times. I've never hitched it to my bike (or ridden my bike in a long time, for that matter). It was easy enough to get situated and Sofia loved the idea of going for a "bike ride" since it meant she could sit in luxury and read books while "we" biked to the library for more books... The trailer is great in that it has room for everything, which meant my water, wallet, camera, phone, 10 library books, Sofia's water and our bike lock.

Off we went! I soon discovered that despite riding on the gym's stationary bike regularly, it doesn't really compare to the real thing - especially when pulling probably 50 or so pounds of girl, books, and goodies. That said, the trailer rides so smoothly that I found it easy to forget that I was pulling it along. While I pedaled, Sofia read to me from one of her favorite series "Ella the Elegant Elephant" which we've checked out before from the library. Once at the library we returned all of her books and checked out ten new ones and then decided we needed a snack break. We headed to Starbucks and enjoyed a smoothie and their cheese and cracker tray, before heading home. It was a much needed break for me!

It was a fun way to spend an hour and I would love to ride to the gym or library a few more times before it gets too hot (and my belly gets too big).

The set-up


Sofia (and her thumb) cozy in the trailer.


Our snack break.


A pink car!! Sofia has been asking why there aren't any cars painted pink - a good question really. While we were enjoying our snack, she suddenly burst out "Look Mommy! A pink car!!!" So, I had to take a picture of it!


Two rocks that Sofia found at the library and played with for the rest of the day


Later that afternoon we enjoyed a red velvet cupcake at our favorite cupcake place in Grapevine. She likes to eat all the icing and I like the cake, so we're a good pair.

No comments: