Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sofia's Texas Haircut

On Thursday I took Sofia to get her second haircut ever. Her hair was almost too dry and curly at the ends to brush through, plus all the swimming and sun had really taken it's toll. So, I decided on a kid salon that opened across from Emler Swim School, where we took swim lessons. The lady did a good job cutting off two inches and was very quick. However, before I knew it Sofia was being primped like she was heading to the prom! The hair stylist braided her hair in the front, which was really cute, then she used her hair dryer and round brush! Heck, I hardly do that anymore! Then to top it all off, she used glitter hair spray (we're still finding it on her scalp) and painted her nails with glitter paint. I was actually taking a look around the shop when I came back to Sofia all glammed up and the woman applying polish. I wanted to scream "SHE'S TWO!!!" but decided to smile and remove it when we made it home. On checkout she gave Sofia a "princess" sticker book, which was the final straw. So, I think we'll be going back to Pigtails & Crewcuts from now on, where they cut hair and let you go with a cheap plastic toy that probably cost 5 cents. No hair dryer, no glitter spray, no fingernail polish and no fancy princess books. I was happy when we got in the car and Sofia asked for her book. I dutifully handed back the new princess book and she said "No, I want Thomas Train." That's our girl!

All set for the haircut


Sofia's hair before the first snip


Cutting Sofia's hair


Round brushing her hair dry


The cute braid


All done (or so I thought!)


This is actually from the day before. We swam at our neighbor's house for a few hours and I found Sofia asleep on her rocking chair after I realized it was very quiet in her room...

No comments: