Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our little photographer...

On Wednesday morning Sofia and I were outside enjoying coffee (me), the beautiful morning and the sound of the birds at our bird feeder. I had my camera with me, as I usually do and she grabbed it and started taking pictures. She's used to reviewing the pictures on our camera and often wants to see her image after I've taken a picture of her, but this was the first time she started taking pictures and understood what she was doing.

At first she took random pictures around her - the patio, part of me, etc, but then she started taking pictures of her trains Emily and Thomas. Soon, she was creating a composition of Emily, Thomas, Green Beup Beup and my coffee mug. It was great to watch her and the best part was that with every picture she'd say "Ready guys, 1, 2, 3, smile!" and then push the button! Wonder where she's heard that before?! :-) She enjoyed playing with our camera all morning and even took some pictures in the afternoon that I didn't know she took (mainly of our dining room table and some of her toys). We ordered a pizza and when the young man showed up, Sofia came out with the camera and said "OK, 1,2,3 Smile!" and took his picture! He wasn't sure what to do, but she actually got a pretty decent shot! Anyway, here are a few of her "better" pictures

Her first pictures - of the patio


Another of her firsts - of me (sort of) reading the paper


Getting better - a decent picture of me (I mean the photo, not really that I look decent!)


Emily! Emily is still in her box as a reward for a full day of potty use. We opened her that night!


Thomas and Emily


Even more complex composition - Thomas, Emily and my coffee mug


Sofia taking the picture...


...then reviewing it! I love it!


Green Beup Beup, my coffee, Thomas and Emily (there were several similar to this). This is one of my favorites.


A half eaten Oreo on a rock next to the pool (her potty treat). This is actually one of my favorites too!


Yesterday afternoon - one of the pictures I found (I do remember her taking this).


The Domino's pizza guy - I love that he's actually smiling for her!

No comments: