Sunday, January 24, 2010

Washington DC Visit

On Wednesday, Sofia and my first full day in DC, I loaded up the girl in her stroller, covered her and Green Beup-Beup in a blanket and headed off to Alice's house. Alice agreed to watch Sofia while I headed to my doctor's appointment, and Sofia and Grayden had a great time playing together. I later met them at Toddler Yoga, and I think Sofia had just as much fun riding in Alice's double stroller as she did doing her down dog, cat and cow moves in yoga. She did really love the class and I've since tried convincing my gym to offer such a class.

After yoga, we ate next door at the BEST Mexican restaurant - La Plaza, which we always call "Henry's" since Henry is the outgoing and friendly owner who visits and talks to each table. When we lived in DC, Henry's was our regular weekly dinner, which was easy since it was just a few blocks walk for us. Following a usual delicious meal, we headed back to Alice's for some Play-Doh fun and the kids had a great time together. Then, we headed back to Aunt and Uncle's house for Sofia's usual 3-hour nap.

Sofia and Green Beup-Beup ready for the chilly walk over to Alice and Grayden's house.


Fun in the double stroller


Playing with Play-Doh at Grayden's house


Sofia and Grayden


Playing with Grayden's Play-Doh machine - she loved pressing Play-Doh through the holes


Touching the Donkey and Elephant that are near Alice's house - I assured Aunt Shirl that Sofia touched both of them equally, so she can keep an open political mind!


No comments: