Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Room Rearranged....

Two weeks ago I decided to rearrange Sofia's room, since I figured it would actually give her more play area if the bed were against the far wall, and it would get the changing table a bit closer to being out the door and in storage. Potty training isn't really going well yet, but it's more my lack of effort than anything. However, I am very excited at the prospect of freeing up the changing table (it's just all that potty time I don't look forward to). So, one day I moved everything around and really fell in love with the new arrangement! I must confess I was a bit worried how Sofia would take it, since she is definitely an order, rather than chaos, girl. She likes everything in it's place, but she took to it immediately and I think she likes the larger play area at the foot of her bed better. She did mention that she wasn't able to see her night light (it's right by the door, across from her bathroom), but she's fine with that now. My next project is to rearrange the art work, which you'll notice is still in the old layout still. But, I'll get to that....


Sofia's "old" layout


Her big girl bed fits so perfectly between the window and looks good


The dresser


And the new and improved room.....please note that I took these pictures after our cleaning lady left, so her room looked like this for approximately 10 minutes before books were everywhere and music was playing!


The Big Girl Bed in it's new location


A lot more area to play!


The soon-to-be-gone changing table


Toys and her monthly picture chair

No comments: