Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009!

We had a fabulous Valentine's Day! Mom and Joseph were still in town and Aunt and Uncle from DC decided to visit for the weekend. So, somehow Mom and I decided (I think on Thursday or Friday) to cook a big delicious meal for all and decorate the table accordingly. So, we decided on a menu of roasted pear salad (delicious, but also probably the most time-consuming part of the entire meal), followed by filet mignon, steamed lobster tail (the best I've ever eaten) with garlic broccoli (my favorite recipe), baked potato with all the trimmings, and for desert molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream! It was amazing! Mom and I cooked all but the filet (that was up to the guys) and Aunt Shirl did a lot of the prep work for the main course and dessert. It was delicious and a lot of fun! Sofia ate her dinner during our salad course and then CK put her to bed and we continued enjoying our meal!

For my Valentine - Mom took this picture and we put it in a heart-shaped frame for CK


I took this picture of Mom and Sofia for Joseph (also in a heart-shaped frame).


The dining room decorated for Valentine's Day!


During the first course.....


Prepping the desserts - molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream


Aunt Shirl's touch!

No comments: