Sunday, October 18, 2020

Visiting the Pumpkin Village

 We haven't visited the Pumpkin Village at the Dallas Arboretum in years, but I always love going and I always love taking pictures of the girls.  Of course, they don't love it and they complain like crazy with every picture I ask to take.  About two weeks ago, I decided to take the girls to the Pumpkin Village last minute, only to find that given the current Covid-19 situation, we need to buy tickets in advance that are for no more than 4 hours total.  So, I figured out that today after lunch would be the best option for the four of us to go.  

Our ticket time started at 1pm and we parked and headed over to the Children's Garden entrance to begin our visit.  Unfortunately, we had to wear masks the entire time which was a little annoying and I always feel like I'm suffocating a little bit.  We headed over to the Pumpkin Village and I was shocked by the amount of visitors.  I really thought that there would be a much more limited amount of people inside the Arboretum.  We headed into the Village after standing in line for about 20 minutes and the girls ran around like crazy kids.  Of course, I made them pose for pictures.  They both complained and made weird faces, but I told them I wouldn't be done until they gave me good, happy smiles.  So, I was able to take some good pictures of them, despite the complaining.  

CK and the girls jokingly posed for a "sleepy photo" and also took some good photos together.  After our photos, the girls took to the hay bales and jumped around and played together while CK and I sat and relaxed on a nearby bench.  It's so relaxing to know that our girls are old enough to play together and be apart enough from us that they remain safe.  After they were done playing on the hay, we headed over to the cafe for a bite to eat since we were all hungry after our scrambled eggs, biscuits and bacon breakfast.  We got sandwiches and drinks and sat in the shade.  The day was absolutely perfect and it was so nice to be outside enjoying the day.  From where we were siting, we had a perfect view of the lawn and lake in the background.  I took a few pictures of the girls (who complained, of course), before we continued on our way.  

We planned to head over to the Children's Garden, but ended up stopping when we heard music.  We found where it was coming from and a three man band was playing in the little amphitheater.  They were really fun and played great music.  Everyone was spaced out, sitting on the grass, or on the low wall, and some were dancing.  It honestly felt like everything "was normal".  It was great!  We enjoyed the music for probably over an hour and then decided to head home. The girls weren't super interested in visiting the Children's Garden, and since we are now members of the Arboretum, I figured we could visit any time we want to do so. 

We headed home after a very fun time at the Arboretum!  Such a beautiful place to visit and explore on such an incredible day!

CK enjoying the beautiful day and all the pumpkins. 


Pumpkins!
The girls posing. 



They are all SO tired of me taking pictures.....


Smiling with their masks still on....

A normal picture!


Girls and pumpkins. 




CK and me while we enjoy the music.

Pumpkin Village





After lunch - I love this view!



What a fun day!

No comments: