Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Olivia's Field Trip

Today, Olivia and the rest of her 2nd grade friends took their first field trip of the school year to Casa Mañana to watch the play The Night Before Christmas. I was picked as a chaperone and had five girls in my group: Olivia, Cora, Charley, Ashlyn and Blake. They were a great group of girls and stuck close to me as we tried to work our way into the theater and find our seats. The play was actually different than I expected and was about a young girl who writes a letter to Santa asking for her Dad to return from being overseas in the military for Christmas. Santa sends two of his elves to make sure she has a great Christmas Eve. The play included a lot of really sweet scenes and current songs that were changed into Christmas songs. It was very clever. The elves were super fun too and of course the Dad comes home on Christmas in the end. It was very sweet and touching! The kids all seemed to enjoy it and they did a great job of keeping it short and fun at the same time. I actually picked up some sort of virus starting Sunday, so I focused on not coughing during the performance.

The performance ended at noon and we stuck together in a group and found a place to sit in the lobby so the kids could enjoy their lunches. The girls were all "starving" since they normally eat lunch earlier. Thankfully Jacy, our amazing room mom, brought a bunch of blankets so the kids could sit on them and not just on the floor while they ate. We gave each of the kids their lunches and they started in. Of course, Cora and Olivia sat next to each other as they ate. I sat with them and enjoyed my ham and cheese sandwich. After all the kids were done eating, we made a quick trip to the bathroom and then all the kids loaded up on the bus to head back to Colleyville. It was such a fun show and the kids seemed to enjoy it. I'm thankful that I was chosen as one of the chaperones. So much fun!

My sweet group of girls!

Cora, Olivia and I in the theater, ready for the show to start.

Lunch buddies!

Mrs. Edelmon's sweet class!

No comments: