Saturday, May 20, 2017

Splash Day

Today the Kindergarteners had Splash Day at school. It's significantly improved from when Sofia was a Kindergartener and there were a few splash pools set out on the play ground. This year, it was set up behind the school next to the cafeteria, where the bus riders get on the bus. There were three main areas: a bubble making station, a shaving cream table that had bottles of shaving cream for the kids to use and an area of splash pools. There was also chalk that the kids could use to draw on the sidewalk. I arrived maybe 20 minutes after Splash Day started on a day when it was overcast and a little cool out. The parents who were there agreed that it was better than years past when it has been blazing hot. I looked for Olivia and finally found her and Hannah completely covered from head to toe in shaving cream. They had obviously visited the shaving cream table and lathered themselves up liberally. They also looked like they were having a blast together! Of course, as soon as they saw me with my camera they screamed and ran away, so I had to be stealthy in my photography. They were so cute running around together and they finally found a tree that they slathered with shaving cream (it was washed off when Splash Day was over). I was able to get a few pictures of them, but I was really hoping to convince them to pose together, which never happened.

Soon it was time to get hosed off so they could eat lunch. I didn't envy them in their hose spray down, but they both seemed to enjoy it, especially Olivia. After she was cleaned up but dripping wet, we found her towel laid out on the sidewalk and I sat with her while she ate her lunch. At one point I had to wrap the towel around her because she was cold, but I was surprised she wasn't uncomfortable since it wasn't warm out! After lunch, the kids were allowed to continue playing, so she jumped up and ran off. Instead of shaving cream, and the eventual spray down to get clean, her and Hannah spent their time chasing bubbles as they floated by. There were several kids blowing bubbles and the breeze was just enough that they were carried away at a good speed. They girls loved it, although it was tiring just watching them run around so much. They would both sleep well tonight!

Gracie, one of the sweetest girls in Olivia's class was cold and wanted to change into her clothes so I took her and Scout, who was also cold, to the classroom where they got their dry clothes and then they changed in the bathroom. I didn't blame them! I couldn't imagine being out there in a wet swimsuit. The kids were planning on being out for another hour or more too, so they would have probably been very cold if they stayed in their wet suits. After they changed, the three of us returned to the splash area. Olivia and Hannah were still running around and having fun. I decided to head out so I stopped Olivia briefly to give her a hug. Her swimsuit was completely dry! I guess all that running around must have done it. As I walked out, she ran off to chase more bubbles! Crazy girl!

The crazy girls coated in shaving cream!

Caught her!

Hannah at full speed

Wonder what they are talking about?

Coating the tree with shaving cream



Adding more shaving cream to their legs

..And their arms

Standing in line to get rinsed off

Two shaving cream-covered girls!

So many cute Kindergarteners!

Our sweet girl

Getting rinsed off!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usually a girl gets covered in white paste AFTER she got fucked. Daddy's 2 little girls must have been busy ;) ;)