Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Olivia's Bike Parade

Today Olivia had her bike parade at Spanish Schoolhouse. The afternoon before Olivia and I decorated her bike "Princess" after she decided she wanted to ride "Princess" over her scooter "Disney." She loves all things Disney and princesses, obviously. Originally when I told her about the bike parade and offered to decorate the bike, she didn't want to do anything to it. But, once I found some balloons and pinwheels, we decided to decorate it and she was really excited. It really only took a few minutes to do and she loved it, especially the pinwheels that spin like crazy when she rides her bike. Of course, she had to test it out in the house since it was raining outside.

The bike parade started at 10:30am and I returned to her school after running a few nearby errands. I arrived and Olivia and the other 3 year old kids were in the play yard playing, drawing with chalk and running around waiting to get their turn on their bikes. When Olivia saw me, she was a little shy and seemed sad, and wouldn't really talk to me but rather just looked at me. Soon, it was time for all the kids to get on their bikes and off they went. Part of the parking lot was turned into an oblong bike track with a "car wash" that the kids rode their bike through. Since it was a little chilly and windy, only one teacher, Mrs. Lisa, held a squirt bottle and would mist kids with water if they wanted it. Olivia was so focused on riding and barely cracked a smile. Plus, she was so determined to stay in the line and ride through in an orderly manner. It was funny because other kids were zipping past her and the other rule followers on her left and right but she stayed in line and took their turn. She was very focused and I was able to get a few cute, although very serious pictures, of her riding her bike. Luckily, none of the balloons popped either!

After the kids were done riding their bikes around, it was time for them to go inside to enjoy popcorn and lemonade while the four year olds got a chance to ride their bikes. Olivia still seemed either sad or distracted, so I decided to give her a hug and head out. I suspect she gets a bit sad when I'm at school events and has fun and is her normal self when I'm not there. At least I hope that's true. It was really fun to watch her ride around at the bike parade and I hope she had fun.

Off she goes!

Going through the "car wash"

The balloons on the back

Getting a little spray of water from Mrs. Lisa

Riding

With Mrs. Carolina

Olivia is very focused on riding

Sweet girl!

No comments: