Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Pictures

I planned to get Valentine's pictures of the girls at a photo place, but then decided to do it myself using ideas pulled from Pinterest. On Saturday a week before Valentine's Day, I dressed the girls up in their cute Valentine's clothes and we did a photo shoot around the outside of our house. Unfortunately, Sofia had a fever and sore throat (we learned on Monday that it was Strep) so I tried to work fast. She wasn't feeling terrible but just not really 100 percent either. Luckily the weather was quite nice and sunny, so the girls had a lot of fun and were good at following my directions, which isn't always the case. I started off with something I'd seen on Pinterest where you make a heart out of the kids toys and then put them in the center. It didn't really work the way it seemed to on Pinterest, but I did capture some cute photos of the girls. One of my favorite is one where Olivia is completely cracking up over something Sofia said and they are both laughing. It's very sweet! After taking several photos, we changed venues and moved the girls to the backyard after Sofia had written "We love you" on a little heart chalkboard we have. From there, we headed to the front yard and took pictures with Buddy and I actually was able to capture a few cute ones with Buddy and both girls looking at me! From there, we headed to the side yard to take a few more pictures before we moved back inside for the girls to play and relax. I took over 100 pictures and was really pleased by the number of photos that turned out cute (not all of them, of course)!

I decided on a few of my favorites and made Valentine's cards that I had printed and sent to family and friends before Valentine's day. I also had a photo of both girls framed and had a coffee mug with three photos of the girls on it which the girls gave to Papa on Valentine's Day. I was really excited to capture a couple of really cute photos of the girls without having to drag them off to a photo place (especially with Sofia being sick).

My attempt at the Pinterest-inspired photo idea

Sweet girls cracking up over something Sofia said! My favorite photo!

Another favorite of the girls

Another sweet and silly picture

The girls in the backyard with their "We Love You" sign

Sweet sisters!

The girls and Buddy

Toward the end of the pictures

Sweet Olivia

Being silly over something

Both girls acting silly - another fun and favorite photo

Our sweet and silly Sofia

No comments: