Thursday, March 27, 2014

She Ties Her Shoes!

Sofia learned to tie her shoes!!! Until recently she wore a pair of velcro tennis shoes to school every day and showed less than no interest in learning how to tie the two pair of lace up shoes she has. In fact, I when I would tie her shoes I would explain what I was doing and she would look away or close her eyes and say "I don't want to know how to tie my shoes." For a girl who is excited to learn and know how things work, she rebelled again learning about shoes.

However, her velcro shoes wore out about a week ago, so I was sending her to school with her lace-up shoes. Yesterday, CK got her ready for school and apparently showed her how to tie her shoes. I wasn't in the room when he did it, so I'm not sure what he did differently, but she got home from school excited that she could tie her shoes. She untied them and then tied them back up. When I asked her how she learned, she said "Papa showed me this morning and I practiced at school." She's so proud of herself and I'm so glad I don't have to tie her shoes!

No comments: