Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day 2013

We spent Father's Day at Lee Farms, however, since we were leaving on Sunday to return to Texas, we decided to celebrate on Saturday instead. I feel like I always struggle to find good gifts for CK, but now that Sofia is older and able to write, I love the idea of kid-made gifts. So, about a week before we headed to Florida, Sofia and I worked on a "Why we love our Papa..." book and I had her tell me the top ten reasons. It was interesting to hear what she said and she did a great job! Here are her ten reasons:

1. Because he works for us and makes money so we can do fun stuff (CK has talked to Sofia about this a lot so it's great to see she hears it)
2. He flies us fun places in the Baron
3. He buys us milkshakes
4. He is super duper silly
5. He reads me stories at nighttime
6. He takes us out to lunch
7. He loves us so we love him
8. He swims in the pool with me
9. He puts me to bed
10. He is #1!

I couldn't wait to give it to him, plus Sofia kept telling him that she made something special for him while we were in Key West. She couldn't wait for him to open his gifts, especially her surprise from the past few days and she wouldn't even tell me what it was! I promised not to tell him, but she didn't trust me! Ha!

For dinner we went to our favorite - Sonny's BBQ and had a delicious BBQ meal (or second or third of the week). After we headed home to ice cream and Father's Day gift opening! The girls and I had gone to CK's favorite store, Orvis and picked out a shirt for him and for Grandpa and Sofia also picked out a cologne for her Papa. I loved that she took such interest in deciding what to get them and she has good taste (although you can't go wrong in that store). Finally, it was time for CK to open his gifts from Sofia and she was so excited! She sat on his lap and hovered over him while he opened! She'd made a card and a picture of his work and him flying the Baron over his work building and was super proud of it! It was so cute to watch her. CK and his Dad opened their shirts and also a book I'd ordered for both of them that is superb, "Unbroken." I hope they both enjoy it. It was a fun day and a great way to celebrate a terrific, loving, fun, silly Papa!

The next morning, we packed up the Baron and said our goodbyes before Meeting started. What a fun week and it really flew by! Sofia was sad to go and we love how much fun she has on the farm and how free she is to just run around. Hoping to get back soon!

Sofia with her Grandpa

CK reads the "Why we love our Papa..." book that Sofia made him

CK and his girl

Showing Papa the card that she made him while we were in Key West

The picture she made for him

So proud of it! CK with his girls!

Grandpa and his girls

Saying our goodbyes before loading up in the Baron

CK and his Papa - Happy Father's Day!

Sofia reading in the Baron

She's totally focused!

Olivia "reading" too

Our beautiful big girl!

No comments: