Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tahoe...for two!

CK had a conference in Tahoe for four days and we arranged with our friends Thelma and Harvey to keep Sofia and Olivia with them while we headed to Tahoe together. Thelma and Harvey have two girls who are very close to Sofia and Olivia's ages and we've all spent a lot of time together so the girls know each other very well. Before we left, I must confess I had my doubts and questioned whether I shouldn't stay behind to be with the girls, but CK convinced me that they would be fine.

It was a great few days and such a beautiful location! When CK wasn't at his conference, we had fun exploring the little town, shopping, eating, etc. We even had a chance to see "Zero Dark Thirty" one afternoon, which was a very powerful movie. While walking one day, we we went past one of those old time photo places where people dress up like they are in a saloon or robbing a bank. On a whim, CK suggested that we do it! It was actually pretty fun although harder than I thought to "look tough" rather than smile at a camera! On the last day, CK went skiing while I enjoyed having the morning to relax. For lunch, I took the covered gondola up to meet him. It was an incredible view going up and we enjoyed a typical ski lodge lunch before I returned to the town and he headed back for a few more runs.

Meanwhile, I'd text Thelma to check on the girls and she told me all was well. I offered to call and talk to Sofia every day, but she said that she'd prefer to talk to us once we're back home since "talking is boring." After we returned we learned that Sofia was actually pretty upset with us for not taking her with us. She had a great time staying with Isabella, since she watched a lot of tv and got to stay up much later than we let her, but she was mad that she wasn't a part of our fun. She's used to always being involved in our trips. Otherwise, both girls enjoyed their time and we had a great time in Lake Tahoe.

Lunch together...without kids!

Heading up the mountain

The view as I head up the mountain

Just gorgeous!

A spectacular view from the lookout platform

Relaxing after lunch

Our view...

CK the ski bunny


Skiing right on the border of Nevada and California

Heading back down


The text from Thelma. CK and I laughed over this one for a long time!

No comments: