Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our Sweet Miss Megan

Just after we moved to Colleyville, we joined Lifetime Gym and I started going regularly and leaving 14-month old Sofia at the gym's child center. The child care was predominantly staffed by young women who were very sweet to Sofia and always offered to hold her if she got sad when I left for my workout. One day, Megan, one of the regular staff who I'd gotten to know told me that she would be happy to babysit Sofia anytime we needed since she thought Sofia was such a sweet, fun girl. A great relationship was born and we've asked Megan to watch Sofia and now Olivia since then. She taught Sofia how to roar like a tiger and put her hands up like paws when she roared, and has taught Olivia how to blow kisses goodbye. The girls absolutely adore her and get excited when we have a date night or other outing and we tell them that she is coming to play with them. Megan has really become like a family member in many ways and we've loved watching her grow up and become an adult. She is absolutely amazing with the girls and is the perfect combination of fun and loving but also makes sure the girls follow the rules. Miss Megan was 17 when we first met her and she's turning 21 on the 15th! I realized I have absolutely NO photos of her with the girls, so I asked her to come to the house dressed up and that I'd take pictures of her with the girls. I really wanted to get some good Valentine's photos of the girls and figured this would be a good way to capture her with the girls.

Miss Megan with Sofia and Olivia - who was dead set against smiling!


Miss Megan and the girls


Sofia and Miss Megan


Olivia and Miss Megan - love her little look


This is what I imagine Miss Megan does each time she watches Olivia....


Sofia and Miss Megan


Love this picture!!!