Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

What a lovely Mother's Day CK and the girls treated me to today! I'm so lucky! We started our day off with a donut at Krispy Creme followed by Meeting. After Meeting, I asked Annie, who is a professional photographer, to take a family photo of us since we don't have many of all of us together. What a great treat! In a matter of minutes with my camera, she captured the best photo of the four of us as well as the girls and I! They are such great pictures! After that great surprise, CK and the girls took me to a 'surprise' brunch which ended up being at Lavendou, an outstanding little French bistro in Dallas. The girls and I have actually been there before over Thanksgiving when we went to afternoon tea at Lavendou with the girls' Grandma, Aunt Cynthia and the kids, so I was super excited to try their regular menu after such a great treat. It was outstanding! CK had the Vichyssoise followed by the sole in champagne sauce and ended with the key lime cheesecake. Sofia had the leek, onions and bacon tart, followed by the tenderloin with peppercorn sauce and ended with the chocolate cake. I started with the mixed salad with poached pears, followed by the poached eggs, spinach and smoked salmon on english muffin with hollandaise sauce and ended with the raspberry mouse cake. WOW, it was all so delicious. Olivia ended up eating a good portion of CK's sole and couldn't seem to get enough! We actually split all of our deserts and couldn't decide which was the best - they were all delicious. It was such a wonderful meal and such a festive feel to the restaurant.

After, we headed home and got Sofia ready for her last ice skating lesson. She enjoyed her lesson and actually took her first real glides across the ice! She's really made great progress! From there, CK headed to take care of some things at the airport and mess around with his airplane while the girls and I headed home for a little time to relax and so Olivia could nap. After CK got home, I got to open my presents. The girls and CK got me such great gifts - a beautiful sunflower serving platter and pitcher that will be great for entertaining guests. They also got me a set of baskets that I plan to use for holding fruit and vegetables and the other one for decoration. What a great day of being spoiled and for realizing how incredibly lucky I am to have such a great husband and healthy and sweet girls! Happy Mother's Day!!

The girls and me


The four of us


Sofia and her huge meal


Olivia and Papa's sole....yum


The four of us mid-meal


Opening presents


Such a beautiful platter!


No comments: